4.09.2008

Mother and Child Reunion

This past weekend I was lucky enough to visit San Francisco the very same weekend that my dear daughter Melissa WaQuan Louie returned from her travels in Asia. It was a reunion filled with laughter and tears and huge tiny mistakes.

*for clarity: (Melissa = Mei = Missy) + "Yea, I'll have a drink..." = Miffy

Mei was kind enough to bring back some presents for some of the people she loves-including her other mom (mom 2) Min. Interestingly enough, it appeared that Mei got Min a toy (?) that looks like Missy. We remain helpful Min will put it where it belongs--to good use.


Aside from the mother and daughter reunion, there were even more fun people and things to play with on my trip. I got to see lots of old friends and my stomach hurt for the first few days just from laughing so hard.

Marri (seen below) and Nicole (not pictured) were kind enough to house me a few nights and enlightened me to all things hyphie--including elementary school P.E. classes.

Here are my friends, Buttney (left) and Veggie Burger (middle)...cut off is Raven, an individual who is fighting the good fight to bring acclaim to Joey--the Friend's spin off. Buttney is one of many friends I have incorporating some sort of rear end reference. Veggie Burger, however, is the only friend I have named Veggie Burger...he is also one of my (and Melissa's) favorite people to prank call.


It was really great to see everyone AND while hanging out at the Hotel Mission I even had a celebrity sighting! That dude in the middle is Doc (comfortably sandwiched between Lindsay and Shep), our most loyal reader in Vietnam.


Amongst the numerous adventures undertaken in my few days by the bay one might have reigned supreme--the night I spent on rollerblades.



By the end of my performance I could safely say Fruit Booting had replaced Rice-a-Roni as the official San Francisco Treat.




2 comments:

LL said...

new party trick, jenn?

Marri said...

the maid at hotel mission may or may not have found a color-changing ring with golden jesus fish on it while she was cleaning. she also may or may not be wearing it, and realizing that her mood changes on only one of two occassions:

a) after working out
b) after talking to rodney(sha)

 
xmlns:og="http://opengraphprotocol.org/schema/" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml"> 52w14