4.02.2008

April Fools Day

I spent much of yesterday bummed that I had no great prank to play on anyone and that no one cared enough to prank me. It was a beautiful day, which sadly I spent much of horizontal in bed feeling sick. When I finally did make it out of the house, I was ever so pleased to learn that while none of my so-called "friends" cared to prank me, New York did. First, it convinced me that since it had been warm and wonderful out all day it would be nice out all night. Second, it convinced Alexis that it was a perfect night to wear flip flops. Sure enough, we exit a building only to learn that there is basically a hurricane going down. Being only a few blocks from the train we start walking, and then sprinting. I'm in heeled boots and Lex is in slippery flip-flops--it was a recipe for disaster...then came the best prank of all--NYC convinced me that its sidewalk was actually a giant slip & slide and there I went careening face first onto the concrete where i landed with such momentum that i was flipped onto my side, scraping my hip, and then onto my back--upon which the pain was temporarily numbed by the sight of lex's shocked/pleasured/hysterically laughing gaze...so basically I bathed in dirty street water, took home pieces of the street embedded in my hip and hand, and spent the rest of the night icing my knee... Sadly, it was difficult to fully capture just how wet we got on film (interestingly, everyone else in the subway we saw was completely dry...) but I'd just like to to thank something for caring enough about this wonderful holiday to humiliate me.

* Also, thanks to lex for caring for my injuries and sharing her ice pack.

If only we'd had one (or two) of these...

No comments:

 
xmlns:og="http://opengraphprotocol.org/schema/" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml"> 52w14